14 Surefire Methods to Tap Into Your Creative Flow Everyday
Julie Jordan Scott
1. Collage: cut out images from magazines. Glue
them to a poster board without any intellectualizing
and see what your subconscious mind has created for
you as your own personalized "image muse".
2. Listen to music, many different varieties. If
you have cable radio, this is a great way to have a
commercial free extended play of virtually any
classification of music available. Try something
you are not as familiar with: world music, gospel,
Celtic, baroque...stretch your appreciation, awaken
3. Set a timer for 15 minutes and free write.
Without editorializing or judging your thoughts,
just let your pencil go back and forth across
the page. Let your mind and words dance and
swim anywhere and everywhere.
4. Get up and get into physical motion. A walk,
a dance, a jog, a stretch, a hop. Does not matter
what the movement is, simply do it. In conjunction
with listening to music, your creativity will be
compelled to be burst forth
5. Explore the many facets of intimacy. From
the face to face, heart to heart tenderness of physical
closeness to the multisensory experience of connecting
with another soul, intimacy may evoke one of the
most intense streams of creative flow.
6. Read quotes and classic literature. Learning
from the genius of creative thinkers of the past
will illuminate your creative genius of today.
7. Develop relationships that encourage
intentionally satisfying, in depth discussion.
From the meandering, awakening talks that are
produced, results will be spontaneous and abundant.
8. Write haiku, a simple form of poetry you
probably learned about in school. A three lined
poem comprised of an opening line of 5 syllables,
a closing line of 5 syllables and a middle line
of 7 syllables, see what you can powerfully
craft in the fewest words.
9. Take ample time in quiet through meditation,
prayer and spiritual study. Peace, contentment,
satisfaction and creativity will follow.
10. Spend time both participating with and
observing the nature which surrounds you. Caring
for your environment, being a steward of plant
life joins the human creative spirit with
11. Paint: using any favorite medium be it
finger paints or acrylics with sponges or watercolors,
simply set aside some time to splash some paint
around. See what comes forth.
12. Take time to experience visual art. Invest
the time necessary to interact with those pieces
which call to you.
13. Attend theatrical events and concerts. Support
the performing arts and see what they teach your
14. Find a new recipe and try it out. The more variety
you partner with in your kitchen, the more you will
partner simply and effortlessly with you creative flow.
Julie Jordan Scott inspires people worldwide to live more
passionate lives through her personal and group coaching,
teleclasses, seminars and free ezines so that they can
make more money, more time, better health and improved
relationships as they live with passion everyday.
Free Passion Powertools: http://www.5passions.com
Back to the Home Page